Saturday, April 26, 2008

26 days!

I have 26 school days left, and then I will be done with my first year of teaching!! Hallelujah! I can not wait. 7th grade b-ball is going to be over this coming Tuesday!! I am ready to be done! I met with my principle on Friday for my last formal evaluation. He is very pleased with my efforts and skills in the classroom. He complimented me on my calm nature, confidence, and rapport with the students. Needless to say I felt energized and ready to take on 26 more days with my 8th graders!! It is amazing what a few kind words can do!

Last weekend David and I finally decorated our apartment! It looks so much better. We still have work to do, but it is getting there. We now have a real desk, and not just a pop up table. We are still working on getting a tv! Someday we will have one!

Life is good, and summer is around the corner!

4 comments:

Braydan and Jessica said...

I wish I could watch you teach Tisha! That would be fun. I bet you're awesome. Are you a baseball coach? Good job on your first year and by the way, you don't need a TV! (except for the office)

Tara said...

Congratulations, Tisha! Niels is counting too. I'm not sure how many days he has left, but I think it is 4 days less than yours :)

Marne said...

Yippee! Summer is almost here! Good job on completing your first year!

April said...

"It is amazing what a few kind words can do!"

kind words for Tisha

Tisha is probably the most put together girl I know- kind of mysterious and not exactly sure what she is thinking half the time but that makes her all the more intriguing. She is polite, smart, knows what is funny and what isn't, she is classy, confident, and cues into what is most important in life without having to make silly mistakes first to figure it all out, she is goal oriented, finishes what she starts, inquisitive, willing to try new things, sleeps when she wants to and isn't influenced easily by anyone- not even her family.
Tisha isn't afraid to do what is right and can be down right intimidating at times- which causes a soft rumbling effect of respect for her from who ever she comes in contact with-

Tisha is someone you never want to disappoint- she makes people want to be better and so if there were a million Tishas walking around-- this world would definitely most positively be a better place...it just would!