Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Salesmen

Well you can tell I enjoyed my summer. I didn't spend too much time blogging! A salesman came to our door today. I have had brothers and many friends who did the whole door to door salesman thing. So I have heard how hard it is, but I still don't like door to door salesmen. I don't like to be sold. David let this guy in and was being chatty cathy with him and was going to buy magazines to furn this guy's college education (which he graduated from Berkley and wanted to go back to college) and travel fund (he wanted to visit Spain and Hawaii - sounded like more of a vacation)! So I did stepped in, and had to be the rude wife that says no! I can be Red (personality type from the Color Code book) sometimes, especially when someone is trying sell something that I don't need or want! David and I decided that we are not going to let salesmen in our house, and that if we want to help people out we can do service for family, people in our ward, or people in our community. I got pretty fired up today about this, so some venting needed to be done. - DOne.

6 comments:

Tami said...

I don't like them either!! I put a "No Soliciting Please" sign by my door and that has helped a lot! I am the rude one too that says no...Jeff doesn't like to even deal with them - he has me talk to him because he feels bad for them.

April said...

oh my Tisha the magazine guy told me the exact same story...that he was trying to earn money for school. I told him to go work at home depot for the summer and he would probably make more money in the end- and then he got snotty on me and told me he made 80 grand last year selling magazines...so I then said, "80 grand???? Then your schooling is paid for boy!...I just caught you lying. Don't use your tricky lies just to get into my door...maybe if you were honest I would have considered buying" he was very very upset to say the least....

but then one day I had this black kid from chicago come to my door trying to sell cleaning supplies...and he was so funny and entertaining that I had to invite him in and give him a popsicle...didn't buy anything but I figured he was hot.

so...

it was nice seeing you Tisha. You look so in shape and teacher-ish. Like I said, I can imagine the students just loving you-

Tonya said...

I also have a "No Soliciting" sign. If they still come, I point through the window at my sticker and have them leave. I don't even like opening my door, more for safety issues.
But I did have a salesman that wouldn't leave. I guess the previous owners did pest control with his company. He was determined to get my business. In the end, he looked like he was about to cry and walked away mid sentence. He must have had a hard day. (or it's his tatic :)

Tisha Lou said...

Thanks for your comments and stories. I am definitely getting a no soliciting sign!

Tiffani said...

Way to go on blogging - I'm glad to see you are back at it.

I agree with you on salesman....I need a sign!

Thank you for your help the other day packing up. :-)

Momza said...

I have a sign on my door...remember my
ABSOLUTELY NO SOLICITING
sign? Yup, I have one on our door here too. I can't think of one thing that I need to buy from a solicitor.