Friday, September 19, 2008

College Life, From David's Perspective....

So last semester I had a pretty easy time with most of my classes, didn't worry too much about studying because I knew the material, which as my family will tell you has always been a gift for me. I've never really needed to study. Ever.

Until this semester that is. Holy Cow this semester has been the most eye opening experience of my whole scholastic life! Not only are all my classes harder with more homework, but the tests are insane! This past week I took 2 exams, and usually I look over the material once before going to take the test. I studying my brain out trying to remember all the things the profs. said would be on them and I took the practice quizes and still after all that I bombed both of them. To quote Micheal Scott "The Stress of my modern life is killing me!"

I don't know what happened! Everything was going along fine then then all of the sudden BANG! I guess the Lord is trying to show me that I shouldn't take my past aptitude for learning so lightly.

So I'm trying some new things. Taking more notes, trying to get homework done earlier than the night before it's due (except yesterday, I turned in an blackboard assignment the was due at 6pm exactly at 6pm that was too close!), and I'm trying to be more balanced in my life. I know somethings are going to have to go, and I'll have to focus on other things alot more, but I'm feeling better about it already.

Anyways Other good news is that it's Friday! I love the weekends now! Over the summer they didn't mean much, but now I realize how amazing they really are. Anywho I hope everyone else is having a great day. -David

2 comments:

Momza said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Daba Jott, my sweet boy, you are becoming an Adult! I love you!

April said...

Fridays really are amazing David...so incredibly amazing...breathtaking even I'd say-

ok not really...sometimes maybe

When you're a stay at home mom depending on your mood- Friday is just like every other day or

everyday is Friday.

so school- yeah things change a little bit when you get out of the no brainer classes. I used to always know how to work the system but there were a couple teachers where it was so dang hard to get an A...it was like they had a conspiracy thing going and they were out to get me. Is that how you feel?