Wednesday, April 22, 2009

CPR


David and I went to a CPR training course put on free by a local hospital. Even though I am certified and "should" know everything, I learned a couple new things. I have taken multiple CPR/First Aid courses ever since I was 14 years old. Every time I get re-certified I learn something new. This time I learned that if you don't feel comfortable giving the rescue breaths (do to AIDS, HIV, HEP C) when performing CPR, then you should just do the compressions because that will keep the blood pumping to all the vital organs. If you haven't taken a CPR/First Aid class recently check out the classes offered by your community. You never know when a family member,friend,neighbor, or a co-worker will need CPR/First Aid! (I will get off my soapbox .... now!)

3 comments:

Tami said...

Good for you! I've been wanting to take a class too. You never know when you may need to use your expertise!

Tonya said...

Thanks for the reminder! I have a free class that I can take, the hardest part is just signing up! :)

Keith said...

Way to go Tisha & David. You are now trained to give mouth-to-mouth to each other and call it first aid.